Here are a few considerations on my list when purchasing on new clothes.
- The right size: As I mentioned earlier, your post baby body might not look the same as before. Try on different sizes to see what look and feel right. Do not put importance on the "size number" but more on the fit. (each piece of clothing my not be cut the same way and your size my vary)
- Choose colors that makes your skin look healthy: If you put on a certain color and people keep asking you if you are tired, that should be a cue that this particular color might not be good for you.
- Practicality: If you have to fun over the item each time to stand up or move, consider if the fussing is worth it or not. If you have kids, move around see if you can keep yourself decent. If it doesn't, don't wear it around kids!
- Think long run: Trend change often, choose if you want to invest in a trend that would only last for a while or in something that you could wear over and over and over again.
- Less is more: Think if you can mix and match that particular piece of clothing with other outfit. If yes, you will be saving in closet space and budget wise.
How to get inspiration.
Look around, see at what others are wearing and see what you like. Pinterest is a great way to look different style in the comfort of your home. One thing I love about pinterest is looking for idea to put an outfit together, it is a great source of inspiration. Without it I wouldn't have known that I "needed" some yellow in my closet. (you can follow my fashion inspiration pins here)
this pin was what made me look around for some yellow
Here is my look inspired but that outfit
Shoes : ALDO
Belt : Tommy Hilfiger
I notice the ruffle of this blouse while I was look trough the pile of clothes at the thrift store, I just knew I needed to try it on.
|Blouse :New York & Company|
and the cute purse to complete the outfit
|Purse : ALDO|
This post is link over these lovely blogs