Wednesday, August 14, 2013

What I wore

For the last year or so, I have been looking to find my style. Having kids has changed my body and how I fit in clothes. I  also tend to think about  how I can move in any outfit choices. If you are a mother you would understand that certain wardrobe malfunctions can happen when playing or picking little ones up. I can't just see something pretty and buy it, there is a bit more involved.

Here are a few considerations on my list when purchasing on new clothes.

  • The right size: As I mentioned earlier, your post baby body might not look the same as before. Try on different sizes to see what look and feel right. Do not put importance on the "size number" but more on the fit. (each piece of clothing my not be cut the same way and your size my vary)
  • Choose colors that makes your skin look healthy: If you put on a certain color and people keep asking you if you are tired, that should be a cue that this particular color might not be good for you.
  • Practicality: If you have to fun over the item each time to stand up or move, consider if the fussing is worth it or not. If you have kids, move around see if you can keep yourself decent. If it doesn't, don't wear it around kids!
  • Think long run: Trend change often, choose if you want to invest in a trend that would only last for a while or in something that you could wear over and over and over again.
  • Less is more:  Think if you can mix and match that particular piece of clothing with other outfit. If yes, you will be saving in closet space and budget wise.
How to get inspiration.

Look around, see at what others are wearing and see what you like.  Pinterest is a great way to look different style in the comfort of your home. One thing I love about pinterest is looking for idea to put an outfit together, it is a great source of inspiration. Without it I wouldn't have known that I "needed" some yellow in my closet. (you can follow my fashion inspiration pins here)


this pin was what made me look around for some yellow


Here is my look inspired but that outfit

Skirt: RW&CO
Shoes : ALDO
Belt : Tommy Hilfiger  

I notice the ruffle of this blouse while I was look trough the pile of clothes at the thrift store, I just knew I needed to try it on. 

Blouse :New York & Company 

and the cute purse to complete the outfit

Purse : ALDO


This post is link over these lovely blogs


pleated poppy
link here

47 comments:

  1. Such a good point about the size - it's really about the fit, not the number. And since every store runs so differently anyway, the size no longer seems to really matter that much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be easier if all the "size" the really the same!!!

      Delete
  2. The fact that clothes need to be the right size escaped me for years. I was always "making do" with two pairs of ill-fitting jeans and two baggy tops while I waited to lose some weight before buying new clothes. Since I decided only to buy clothes that fit me now, I feel so much more confident in how I look. People actually ask me if I've lost weight! (I haven't.)
    I love your blouse. I think your outfit looks better than your inspiration. (Except for the glasses...I can't see your face! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Since I decided only to buy clothes that fit me now, I feel so much more confident in how I look. People actually ask me if I've lost weight! (I haven't.)" <---- love that, and it's true that you feel better in right fitting clothes!


      I know those glasses!!! Have to find an affordable camera that would take nice pictures that does not need me to be in the bright sun (my phone does not take nice indoor pictures) So the glasses are hiding my squinting eyes hehe!

      Delete
  3. You have some good points here. I also want to add one more if you don't mind: wear clothes that complement your body not ones that work against your body type.
    And I don't know what you're talking about post baby body...you look amazing. I realy like how you paired the yellow with brown. I like MK's outfits (the girl in your inspiration photo) and I follow her blog (outfitposts.com). It's very inspiring.
    Kisses :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you tip and sweet comment :-) I try real hard to hide the post baby pouch hehe

      Delete
  4. You look great - I love the feminine ruffles on your blouse. Thank you so much for stopping by ALFS :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your sweet comment Courtney

      Delete
  5. Great tips and nice take on the inspiration too :)
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you took the inspiration and made it your own!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspiration is really everywhere and I love how you incorporated it with your own style! Cool tips

    happymedley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the neutral accessories you paired with your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a chic office look! The accessories are perfect and these colors work together so well. Really cute look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the ruffled top and the bag! I agree about your pointers on clothes shopping although I really do a hard time following the last one, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love that top and your outfit! Your outfit is even better than your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love that top and the whole outfit as a matter a fact! I like your outfit even better than your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that bag! And yellow is one of my favorite colors. Looking good, Mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The ruffled blouse was the first thing that caught my eye with this outfit! love it!

    PS the window seat in my blog post isn't my own, it is actually on the campus of the university where I'm studying to do my masters :)

    http://sigh-gush-gasp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. and nice for the campus window!

      Delete
  15. Great tips! I always try to shop for more classic, timeless items!

    Lauren
    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally agree with all your tips! That's why I always keep in mind before shopping for clothes to weigh comfy vs. style. Btw, that's a pretty outfit. I miss wearing pencil skirts though.. :)

    Kaye
    Itsmekikay.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute blouse! Love the light yellow color!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think the light yellow complements my skin tone better then the brighter alternative!

      Delete
  18. great inspiration look! love what you came up with
    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a very classy outfit and I love the blouse. It's such a beautiful shade of yellow. I love wearing yellow these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Imogen, yes yellow is a lovely color but I am just slowly learning to love it :-)

      Delete
  20. Replies
    1. thank you so much Drea, you look amazing yourself mama!

      Delete