Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Zooey Deschanel inspired look ~ Polka Dots


I discovered Zooey's style after someone mentioned that I dressed like her, since then I have been thinking when I put an outfit together "Would Zooey wear this?".

For today's inspired look, I choose this lovely dress

Photo credit here 

Don't you just love Polka Dots.


Polka Dots top ~ D Dynamite (Thrift store find)  




Skirt ~ "TanJay
Shoes~ Femina

Red lips ~ mix of 3 products 1. L'Oreal lipstick in shade Java Jolt. 2. Revlon Colorburst lipstick in shade True Red. 3. Eessential Stay with me, long lasting lipgloss in shade Kiss Kiss Kiss
Nails ~ Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in Rose rum
Jewelry ~ Old Navy


Hair ~ Choose to do a side braid and include 2 small braids in the big one, tied up with a head scarf (Dollarstore)

I like that you can wear this out fit to church, while visiting friend or just when you are out and about. 

Speaking of friends, I had chance to see Borum last Sunday,she had just came back from a year in France and is leaving for university in another province. Was glad to be able to spend an afternoon with her.


Here is a bonus picture, because doing a photo-shoot can be hazardous. Bees might be hiding in flowers, and yes dear Cameron being the camera caught me backing up really quickly.

No bees were harm in the making of this photo-shoot


Where do you get your fashion inspiration???

pleated poppy I Feel Pretty link here

38 comments:

  1. Very nice! Love the look on you!

    My current fasion asperation is based off Rachel Bilson's character Zoe Hart on Hart of Dixie... i pretty much love everything she wears...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, she does have a very nice style :-)

      Delete
  2. Aww, what a sweet look! I love the shoes, they really go perfect with it. Cute hairstyle too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alison for your sweet words :-)

      Delete
  3. What a pretty outfit! You can never go wrong with polka dots. I love that last photo. Candid shots are always my favorites! Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just starting to fall in love with polka dots :-) ANd so glad I didn't get stung!!!

      Delete
  4. You made a great outfit with that look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this look! I would never have thought to pair a black polka dot top with a black skirt, but I really like the way this turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, strange because it never cross my mind to pair that top with anything but black. Now I have to experiment with other color :-)

      Delete
  6. Lovely dress. I love Zooey and her style is amazing! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Polka dots are so fun! And I love the braid too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, isn't Zooey so fabulous? You've captured the look well :) And thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, isn't Zooey fabulous? You've captured the look well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. I love polka dots so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for polka dots! They are just so fun. I really like the vintage feel to this look as well.

    Lauren
    Style of One's Own

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I like that too about the outfit

      Delete
  12. You definitely have the Zooey Deschanel look! I love the bangs and glasses!
    ~jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  13. Polka-dots are forever!! I love them so. And I adore Zooey! That is a high compliment that you dress like her.:) Love this modest, cute outfit, and lovely braid! Thanks for all your sweet comments lately. I will have to try and rustle up some more outfit posts so I can link-up! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment Shelley :-)

      Delete
  14. O.k. I almost forgot....my fashion muse is Olivia Palermo! She wears a lot of things I wouldn't for modesty's sake, but I still love her fashion sense and adventurous outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does have a very chic style and I agree with your on the modesty point but still like how she put it all together!

      Delete
  15. You look like you're dancing in the bees pic! Cute.

    Love the outfit and it's very Zooey who I love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look gorgeous with that dotted top and yes, I love polka dots although I don´t wear them often! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same here, I should wear dots more often :-)

      Delete