Monday, January 6, 2014

Books to read in 2014

I always loved reading, if it had words I would read it. Yes, I am the type of person that reads the back of the bottle of shampoo when I can't find anything else to read in a certain room!

For the last couple years, finding time to read was more challenging. Sleep deprivations and the constant interruptions made it almost  impossible to finish a book. I am still having some sleepless night and the girls are still needing my attentions, but I am finding more time to sit down and read after they are in bed.

a book lover in her natural habitat. Now I see where the girls get their weird sitting habits!

I wanted to list here the books that were read in 2013. Since I didn't write them all down, I'll share those read since October.

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
3. MockingJay by Suzanne Collins
4. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
5. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
6. Requiem by Lauren Oliver
7. The Friday night knitting club by Kate Jacobs
8. Knit two by Kate Jacobs
9. Knit the season by Kate Jacobs
10. Desperate: Hope for the mom who needs to breathe by Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson
11. Grace for the good girls by Emily P Freeman
13. Loving the little years by Rachel Jankovic
14. Hotel on the corner of bitter and sweet by Jamie Ford

I have a few books that I will be reading in 2014 (the list will be revised during the year)


  1. To kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (Finished Jan 08)
  2. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (currently reading)
  3. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  4. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
  5. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  6. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (currently reading)
  7. Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
  8. Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
  9. Drum in Autumn by Diana Gabaldon
  10. An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon
  11. Divergent by Veronica Roth
  12. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
  13. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
  14. Charlotte Mason companion by Karen Andreola (currently reading)
  15. Home Education series by Charlotte Mason 
This is my list so far. 

If you could have me read 1 book in 2014, what would it be?

7 comments:

  1. I've read almost all of Jane Austen's books and have enjoyed them! I never read them in high school - just took them on a couple of years ago. It took me a few pages to get into her style, but then I found that I really liked the stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to a French school, so haven't read any English literature at all. It's all new and exiting to me :-)

      Delete
  2. Looks a good list! I have to say that even American schools don't put a lot of English literature in the syllabus unless you specifically take a class for it. I am playing "catch up" in my adult years :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if Canadian English school have have some English literature in their curriculum? I know they have English Lit classes in our French universities

      Delete
  3. but it's never too late to catch up on some good literature :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to re-read "To Kill a Mockingbird" - I think I would get a lot more out of it now than I did in 8th grade (although I liked it fine then).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a few chapters into it, liking it so far

      Delete